Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Return

So, I would like to point out that in my absence and right at the beginning of the holiday craze, I was:

...MOVING!!! Definitely on the top 10 of most annoying, physically taxing, and all the way around tiring tasks in the world. However, my new digs are great & I promise to give you a pictorial tour in the very near future.

...making flower arrangements and putting the finishing touches on many other projects in order to get the house in tip top shape as quickly as possible. Thanks to my OCD tendencies, I can't rest in disorganized messes. I must have order and everything neat and tidy. This is my first real attempt at floral arranging. All said and done, I am quite proud of my results and am more than thrilled to have saved hundreds of dollars.

...decorating for Christmas. Here is my puny little Charlie Brown tree which at Home Depot seemed much more substantial until I brought it home and put it in my barren, waiting to be decorated living room. But, it was a lovely touch that added Holiday Spirit to our new home.

It was also decided that we would host our annual Christmas friend get-together since we had the new house (funny how that qualifies you to be nominated for a lot of things you were otherwise able to by pass in the past). I admit that one of my favorite things about the Holidays is the justifiable excuse to eat processed meat. So, my contribution to the party feast was none other than my favorite appetizer...


...Lil' Smokies

Here's a table view of the delectable samplings we feasted upon. That's Dabrielle at the head of the table and Kristen is to the left.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

the lil' smokies look yummy and i think the flower arranging is definitely another career option for $$$. so give me your sign on and password so i can doll up the blogger sister smart. peace!