Monday, August 27, 2007

International Mule Service

To your right you will see a picture of an Amish Mule
Team. Seeing as how I have been dubbed the international mule service for my darling sister Adrianne who has chosen to reside in Argentina, I am fast approaching the time where I need to expand from a single mule to a team of mules.

Recent conversation between sisters:

Ade: So, my husband has a new business idea and it involves you

Ash: What is it?

Ade: He's come up with the idea that we should do chocolate fountains at weddings - and guess what your part is?

Ash: Um...go to the weddings?

Ade: (laughing) Um no...it would be carting the fountain over here when you come in October.

Ash: What???

(here's where it gets really good...)

Ade: Don't worry - I think I have talked my husband out of the 100 lb. fountain and you will be bringing one much more manageable.

Ash: What!?!? (my volume has gone considerably up) There is no FREAKING way I am hauling a 100 lb. chocolate fountain to Argentina. There are limits to what this international mule will do - and a 100 lb. chocolate founatin is just that! You tell Mario it is OUT OF THE QUESTION! I thought the Kitchen Aid was bad - this would definately top it!

Please all you faithful bloggers that are aquainted with both parties...I need support in the international mule business. Doesn't anyone have plans to schlep down south anytime, ever again??? And, are willing to take parts of a 100 lb. chocolate fountain????

7 comments:

Paige said...

Great idea for the fountain! Except for the mule part. And the part about Adr taking the fountain to weddings, manning it, taking it down, cleaning it, all the while trying to care for a baby. Oh, but maybe you should bring her something small like, say, a Britax Roundabout or something.

Jessica said...

a) I'm in shock over the back to back postings.

and b) do we want her to have more money to visit us, or not?! Do your part, Ashley!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, if i may I would like to offer you some advice that has served me very well. You need to work harder to establish yourself as a not reliable but lovable family member. When I went to Argentina I only had to cart one extra suitcase that was only 2/3 full. When you play this role the rest of the family feels a need not to overwhelm you. Can you imagine Adrianne asking me to cart a 100lb chocolate fountain, no you cant. if you need more pointers or tips, please call me. And if Adrianne is to read this post then to her I say, " Ashley is being totally selfish, she is perfectly capable of bringing you a fountain."

With Love,
your part retard sister, Lindsay

Linsey said...

I just need to say DITTO to Paige, DITTO to Jessica and definitely DITTO to Lindsay. Besides if you carry the fountain (even with your friend in tow) are you really going to have room for ALL the other stuff that is on the mule list? I am envisioning something akin to Santa's Christmas list, complicated and never-ending...Has Ade thought about that?

Mindy said...

ashley do not take the fountain! i can attest to the fact that unknowingly i brought adrianne's kitchen aid to argentina. it was so heavy it broke the handle that lifts up on the suitcase, thus preventing it from rolling and i had to hand carry it to southwest baggage to file a claim to see if they could fix it. upon opening the damn thing, the oil from the bearing balls (what the hell is that??) had leaked and yada yada yada. so, ash, take her some clothes and bring my back something small and fabulous. lol

Adrianne said...

1. you all need to pay more attention to Jessica
2. The fountain only weighs 40 pounds and I'm trying to get it shipped
3. I have no intention of working weddings, didn't you all read my pharmact blog?? labor is CHEAP here!!

Jessica said...

Lindsay (your sister) needs a blog. She's hilarious.