Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This Just In...

So, I don't know if any of my faithful readers have seen this or not,
but I am blogging about this as I just can't pass it up. Apparently, being a returned LDS missionary provides you the opportunity to audition for "Mormons Exposed" pin up calendar. Here is one such picture...please feel free to browse the web site and check out all 12 that made the cut for the 2008 calendar http://mormonsexposed.com/ However, the calendar is NOT the appalling part for me. Apparently, this story is news worthy enough to make it on 12 News - the NBC affiliate here in Phoenix.

Now, if I was still living in Salt Lake City, I would not be surprised that this story would be given air time because I am sure it would be such a scandel that most Utahns wouldn't know how to handle themselves. However, there are more people within the city limits of Phoenix than there is in the whole state of Utah. For more reading pleasure, here is the story on the calendar http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/ldscalendar0910-CR.html. I would like to point out the mighty justification as to why these young men put this calendar together, “You have five thousand wives or you’re inbred. Those are all the things people would poke fun at us.” Yes, I am sure posing in a calendar "exploding with sexuality" will dispel all those Mormon myths.

9 comments:

Nortorious said...

I am so not surprised by this. Many guy missionaries come home so stuck up, isn't male modeling the obvious next step? Zoolander troglodites.

Paige said...

I am disgusted by this, and very little disgusts me.

Jessica said...

oh. my. gosh. Those boys are going straight to the telestial kingdom.

Ryan said...

I wonder if they have one for sister missionaries ... hmmmm ... I'll have to look.

Ashley said...

Yes Ryan - I was wondering the same thing...except I admit I wouldn't give my portion to charity - I need the extra cash.

Celia Fae said...

Wait a minute. Are the guys nudie or just posing without shirts? I need to know. This is all very exciting.

Adrianne said...

Why can't we get missionaries that good looking in our ward? I mean, not that I flirt with missionareis or anything, that was DECADES ago...

Tammy said...

I would pick up these hottie in a second, where can I find them?! Oh yeah, I am married. Hmm...well nevermind, they are quite a beautiful speactacle. love it.

Tammy said...

I would pick up these hottie in a second, where can I find them?! Oh yeah, I am married. Hmm...well nevermind, they are quite a beautiful speactacle. love it.