Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Jail Break

Meet Cade...19 mos. old, ALL boy, and clearly very cute. I received a call a few days ago from Cade's mom (Misty) where she relayed her horrifying experience. The night before, Cade was put to bed in his very own room, in his very own crib, with his very own sippy cup. A few minutes later, Cade's mom heard a big thud and went upstairs to find her toddler playing on his bedroom floor. The mom thought "Aha! I will show him! I will lower the crib to make the sides higher so he won't be able to crawl out." So, Cade went through round 2 of his mom putting him to bed. After being in his crib a total of 5 minutes, Cade thought "I'll show my mom how tricky I am. She may have made the sides of my crib higher, but she made the bottom of my crib lower to the ground. I bet if I try hard enough, I can slide between the mattress and the crib sides and make it out onto my floor. Eureka! I did it!" Exhausted, exhasperated, and at her wits end - the mom hauled Cade downstairs into her room and made a bed for him on her floor. It was a successful night - a great sleep! Cade's mom woke up in the morning, looked on the floor where she had put her toddler to sleep the night before, but he wasn't there. She looked all around the room, but at 8 months pregnant getting down on her hands and knees were a little out of the question. In her frantic state, she enlisted the help of Cade's older brother, Colton, and sister, Kallie. The search was on...all through the house, outside where he could be anywhere on their vast 10 acres, and still no Cade. Just as the mom was ready to call in the Vernon Police Force, Colton calls out - "I found him mom!" There he was safe and sound underneath her bed behind the nightstand that her 8 month pregnant belly prohibited her from locating. The End.



Still sound asleep - Cade had no idea of the frenzy all around involving him.

This picture has nothing to do with the story, just that I LOVE my little buddy and it's very validating that he will take his mom her cell phone and say "Ashee, Ashee" and he doesn't stop until he gets to call me.

8 comments:

Paige said...

That is not a funny story. It is a scary, horrifying story. That Cade is smart and he's lucky to have such a good auntie Ashee.

Jessica said...

It is too funny. I laugh very hard when other moms can't find their kids and panic, like me, because it makes me feel less irresponsible.

Adrianne said...

Between the tow of us perhaps we can make up for the fact that Misty doesn't have a blog. Or maybe we should pester her until she gets one of her own to tell her own kid stories, and mostly to keep me updated with photos.

Linsey said...

Right, because keeping track of her wildly, sleep walking, rolling 19 month old, his older siblings and being 8 months pregnant I'm sure there is loads of time to dive into a blog. In the meantime, more non-relevant pictures of niece and nephews please!

Tammy said...

Ash, you look hot! Forget the story, you look fantabulous! love the dark tresses. Are you rocking the dudes or what?

Nortorious said...

We just lowered our crib because my kid was threatening to jump to freedom. Now I have to worry about slipping through the bottom? Arrrgh!
http://nortorious.blogspot.com

Linsey said...

more posts, more posts, more posts - have a great trip to Argentina!

Linsey said...

Seriously, come back. I need me some Ashley!