Saturday, July 28, 2007

Project Bathroom...

...this is what I have done w/ myself this weekend. I have been chastised by Adrianne that I need to update more often - yes, I know. So, I am making a pledge to you all right now that I will be much more on the ball & keep you better "blogged" w/ my thoughts, ideas, latest projects, travels, etc. Thus, here you have before & after pictures of our downstairs bathroom. My roommate (Heather) and I spent Friday night and a large portion of Saturday involving ourselves in a multi-step process to re-do our downstairs bathroom. The inspiration came from a $7 frame Heather bought in Guatamala last October - she just needed my pushing & will power to get it done. The frame is now the bathroom mirror & it looks fabulous. I would like all to note that I installed the bathroom light fixture all on my own - another "Smartha" accomplishment. This is but one of the many decorating projects that I have involved myself in lately; which, as most of you know, I am obsessed with.




before #1 - totally white & totally boring




before #2





Ta Da!!! The "after" makes all the manual labor worth it




We textured the walls w/ dry wall mud & put cut out embossed Fleur de Leis design wallpaper in the mud. Then we painted over the walls followed by rubbing glaze all over as well. This is a close up of what the walls in the bathroom now look like.










The bathroom light fixture I'm awfully proud of myself for installing






































6 comments:

Paige said...

Wow! That's fantastic. I think you are missing your calling in the world- budget bathrooms. I still love the lemon one you did at the house.

Jessica said...

That is very very cool. I need to post some pictures of what Adrianne and I did in mine. Yes you need to post more often!

Mindy said...

ash
very impressive. it turned out beautifully. i do like the frame heather got too and i am just so happy to know you have electrical skills. enjoy your monday.

Linsey said...

Awesome, really fantastic. Doesn't Adrianne just drive you crazy with all the blogging she gets done in spite of having a 1 month-old child??? I could just smack her! :)

Adrianne said...

I look forward to peeing in such splendor.

Martababe said...

I am in love with your bathroom. I think when I'm up to it, I'm going to copy you and do that to our guest bathroom. I painted it dark blue just a couple of weeks ago and don't like it. What you did is beautiful. Hope you don't mind that I copy you. Oh, and that I'm reading your blog too. Been snooping around your sister's blog and started to read yours. :)