Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Spills R NOT Thrills

OK...so I realize that it's really only my family members (because they have known me their whole lives) are the ones that will understand the significance of this blog, but of course I think everything I have to say is entertaining so I hope all who stop by will at least find some humor.

That being said, I don't know what it is, but I have been such a clutz my entire life. I am one of those persons that will be walking along minding their own business one minute, and the next I will be on the ground. Case in point - I am walking out of work on Monday night listening to my phone messages. I am walking through the parking lot - even surfaced asphalt - and the next thing I know I am down for the count in the middle of the parking lot looking at a scraped up knee (see photo.) And - let's not forget - the mother of all clumsiness on my behalf - the kick boxing incident of last September where I wound up with a spiral break in my right ankle that has left me permanently with a plate, 7 pins, and a lovely 4 inch scar up my leg (see other photo). My list could go on and on, and I am sure that I wouldn't even begin to remember all of my less graceful moments in life. However, my question is DOES IT EVER END??? I am a (nearly) 34 year old woman that still has what I term "playground episodes at recess." These things happen to the 8 year old girl in pig tails playing at recess w/ all of her friends - NOT ME! Then, as though reality does not want me to forget, I am met yet again with another humbling, tumbling experience.



Scar on ankle - post kick boxing accident









My knee post wipe out in the parking lot

3 comments:

Paige said...

Ouch. I'm hoping it ends because one of my girls has had two major breaks and she's only 5! Maybe age 34 will be your magic number. And that is quite a kickboxing accident! I'd hate to see the other guy.

Mindy said...

i finally saw it back on the blog. i swear, i am going cukoo. Just got rear ended on the free way and guy drove off. Lucky day.

Adrianne said...

You better watch out, you could die from toe wounds...