Thursday, November 8, 2007

Excuse #1

My second trek to Argentina as the international mule extraordinare was a success. Seriously, after 12 hours in plane rides, excessive luggage which required an additional $100 to be paid at time of check in, swarms of natives begging for money, and your taxi being rear ended on your way to your hotel was all made worth it by the first live site of the ever adorable Gabe. Don't get me wrong, seeing Adrianne after so many months always brings tears to my eyes, but let's face it - adults will always get trumped by cute, cuddly, smiley babies. Especially when their auntie's biological clock is ticking and can't seem to get enough.

The trip was amazing - as Adrianne has already mentioned in her blog. I however will break down the trip into more detail as she has left many anecdotes out (most of which include Mario. He seriously makes me laugh - in a good way.)

We started out in Buenos Aires where I continue to give the tango dancers props. In this trip I witnessed a woman dancing in the middle of the square in San Telmo all by herself until a kind, tango dancing gent joined her. I also send out snaps to the wrinkly, old woman who is not afraid to sport fish net hose, red pumps, and red lipstick well into what I can only guess is her late 80's. However, since I scouted Bs. As. pretty intensely my first visit, we only stayed about 24 hrs. and then took to the bus to Rosario to join the Reseks.


Sweet Baby Gabe




Heather peaking around to the front of our seriously overloaded taxi



Adrianne's pose in front of Mr. Estrada as the last name Estrada evokes joyous childhood memories of watching CHiPs (aka Eric Estrada who played Ponch)



The incredibly brave (or delusional depending on how you look at it) woman dancing solo in

San Telmo Square




You go girl...

My incredibly ugly, swollen, the dye rubbed off my jeans feet after our first day

4 comments:

Linsey said...

This is a good start...keep it coming. The old women are hilarious!

Paige said...

Good job Ashley! We're loving it!

Jessica said...

Since funniness runs in families (see Greenan sisters), we've been missing your part in yours. Thanks for returning.

Adrianne said...

That is the most unflattering photo of me ever, but glad you have re-joined blog world. How terrible would it be if I was the only one posting photos of my baby! :)